Tuesday 23 February 2016

Trying to save money on household bills


I've sat down today and thought about the best ways to save some money. Writing down all of our outgoings seemed to be the best place to start! I thought I was on some really good deals as it hasn't been that long since I went on the price comparison sites - but it's definitely worth checking frequently as I have discovered today.

Gas and electricity - currently with npower paying £65 per month. Have found a deal for £43 per month which will save £264 per year
Life insurance - currently £16.15 - can reduce to £10.76 - savings of £64.68 per year
Husband's car insurance - this is a biggie! We've managed to find a deal that would save him a whopping £448.53 per year! Luckily this is up for renewal next month so we will most certainly be going with this deal (will search again next month to double check if there are any more!)

I've seen some good mobile phone deals so I'm going to call my provider (EE) tomorrow to find out what deal I'm on exactly so I can compare and see if it is cheaper, fingers crossed!

So just from changing gas/electricity and life insurance we would save £328.68 a year and with the car insurance that's a saving of £777.21 per year!
I couldn't find contents insurance for any cheaper than what we have now, and water is currently £47 but I'm determined to get this down even more. 

Next up, meal planning! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment