Wednesday 24 February 2016

Meal Planning attempt!



I've done a vague meal plan in the past so I knew roughly what to buy, but I've made a much stricter meal plan now. Hubs is very fussy, although this is annoying (!) it does help me to plan quite easily as he will only eat certain things.


Breakfast - porridge or weetabix or pancakes

Monday
Lunch: homemade pizza
Tea: 'Picnic' tea for daughter
Chilli

Tuesday
Lunch : Jacket potato
Tea: Cottage pie

Wednesday
Nursery lunch : ham or jam sandwich, apple, strawberries, jelly, carrot sticks
Soup 
Tea: Chicken stirfry

Thursday
Lunch : Risotto
Tea : Roast

Friday
Nursery lunch: ham or jam sandwich, apple, strawberries, jelly, carrot sticks
Soup
Tea: Burger and chips or steak and chips

Saturday
Lunch: Tuna burgers
Tea: Thai green curry
Daughter: pasta with tomato, cheese, tuna

Sunday
Lunch: Pasta dish or sandwich
Tea: Sausage and mash


The 'picnic' tea for my daughter is similar to the lunch she will be taking to nursery (she gets her 12 free hours per week). It's her favourite, which is great for me as it's really quick and simple! 
I will mix this meal plan up so it doesn't get boring and a have a couple more new recipes to try so will see how those pan out too. I get paid on the 28th every month but busy on the Sunday so will take a trip to Lidl on Monday and see how much the food bill all comes to! I usually get it delivered by Sainsburys so it will be interesting to see how much this food shop comes to. I've written a shopping list out to take with me but I will have hubs and daughter with me trying to sneak stuff into the trolley, wish me luck! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment