Saturday 26 March 2016

Waiting til you can afford something...

I'm very happy today because we have new flooring. We bought it very reduced 6 months ago (end of stock) but then couldn't afford the underlay needed! So I've had to look at it piled up in the corner for 6 months and it's been driving me a little bit mad. When we moved in here the carpets that were meant to be beige were so filthy they were black.
We used a carpet cleaning machine, scrubbed it numerous times and managed to make a slight difference but it just looked dirty all the time.
Before:
After:
It's a laminate white wash, I really wanted a glossy white but have you seen how much those are?!
So happy to be rid of the disgusting carpet and the room looks bigger and brighter already.

Whilst hubby and his dad laid the flooring I took my daughter off for some Easter fun. I searched around on the internet for the cheapest Easter event going on and the closest to me. There's a great group on Facebook called 'Things to do for kids' in my town - there may be similar ones in other areas. We ended up going somewhere that wasn't on there though - the farm that we went to the other week. I had seen their event on Facebook as my friend had said they were going.

The entry is free and my daughter was over the moon that since we had last been there the lambs and chicks have been born.
We paid £1 for an Easter egg hunt which she absolutely loved and was so proud that she managed to find a bunch of eggs. So for a little bit of research and a little bit of money we had a lovely afternoon even if it did rain a little bit (went prepared with coats and wellies!)
Now time to prepare for the Easter bunny's arrival...xx

2 comments:

  1. What a great afternoon. Unfortunately, events like that in my local area are usually quite expensive. I'm always on the lookout for things to keep us entertained. Thank goodness a walk and a trip to the park are free. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, she had the biggest smile on her face. I agree so many things cost a LOT so it's lovely to find somewhere free xx

      Delete