Saturday 16 April 2016

Going out but trying to be smart about saving money

Today was my hockey team's end of season do. The plan was to go for lunch and give out the awards there, I was undecided whether to go or not til last week, but I decided to go after all.
The only reason for me not wanting to go was obviously money as always, but as I've mentioned before I'm trying to be more sociable and do more things for myself this year. I haven't been to any of the other meals/drinks/social events they've arranged since I've joined and I hardly ever play due to paying match fees (only £3 so I may try and play a bit more next season). So I felt I would go this time and it was lovely!

I ordered the cheapest thing on the menu - spaghetti carbonara - which was lovely, and I ordered a tap water. One of the ladies I sat next to ended up paying £15 more than me because of her drinks and food! I'm really glad I went, I love them all and spent the whole time laughing.

I knew I wouldn't get any awards because I've only played a few games in the season and I rarely make it to training due to not having a car. They had proper trophies for the main awards then did some cookie medals for little categories, and I won one! I was actually quite chuffed because they voted me 'best dressed' on the team! I know it's only a silly little thing but all of my clothes are either really old or bought on ebay for a few quid so it was really nice to have people think I am 'best dressed' on the team in my frugal wardrobe!

So it just goes to show, even with having a frugal wardrobe people can still think your clothes are nice xx

4 comments:

  1. Well done! One of my best dressed friends has mainly charity shop or homemade clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your medal. I have to say I'm a little envious of your 'best dressed' status. I always look like something the cat has dragged in. Practicality over style mostly. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jules! I was a little surprised! I bet you look lovely xx

      Delete