Friday 15 April 2016

Family round for a roast

This evening my mum and her partner came round for food as a thank you for doing my daughters bed. We had roast chicken which was £2.29 from Lidl, roast potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables.
They brought round dessert - a chocolate brownie pudding and rice pudding which I haven't had for ages.
Haven't had anything as posh as this in my house in a while!

My mum brought round some fake tan she had got in the sale for me, and I'm borrowing their iPod nano as I want to start going running. They have lost the cable so they haven't been using it so I've just bought a cable for it on ebay for 99p with free postage. 
I'm determined to get fit but not to go to the gym. I have quite a good level of fitness any way but I want to get better for next hockey season and to improve my body.
My plan is to go running for cardio, then come back and do floor exercises such as press ups, tricep dips using my body weight. My husband has some weights so I can use them too.


I really want to do the half marathon too. It's in September so 5 months away - if I'm not as ready as I want to be by then I will definitely do it next year. 

I've been keeping a strict eye on my brothers finances as well and he's so close to getting rid of a couple of debts, then we can snowball onto the rest of them and get them all gone, hopefully for good. I'm trying to educate him to not spend spend spend whenever he has money, to allow for 'treats' as this is what he struggles on not spending money on so I said we can fit treats into the budget and when his debt is all gone and he's living on his own he can buy all the treats he likes as long as he can afford it course! xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! A half marathon. Which one are you going to do? I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and it sounds like you're being a great help to your brother. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for a run today and struggled so I think I will be doing next years one, determined to get really fit for hockey too as we've been promoted into a higher league it will be tougher! Thanks that's so kind of you xx

      Delete