Thursday 14 April 2016

Spaghetti Bolognese

We've had a very chilled today just at home as it's been so busy lately and it's nice to take a rest.
I've spent today playing with my daughter, doing a lot of cleaning and looking into some money making ideas.

For tea I made a frugal favourite of mine - spaghetti bolognese.
Cook the mince (500g, from Lidl) til browned
Drain any fat/water. Chop up a carrot (it was huge)! and cook for a few minutes
Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, 4 tbsp tomato puree, 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce, sprinkling of oats.

This is the way we like it, the good thing about bolognese is that you can adapt it to your own tastes.

My husband has been using the car this week as the windscreen wiper on his van is broken and he's been driving in the rain so it's not safe. Hopefully going to get it fixed this weekend by a friend of a friend for a decent price.
I got my first 'freebie' through the post! I've started applying for some freebies as I love getting things for free and it's like little presents arriving in the post. I hope to get some really good things and the most ideal would be things to use as presents for other people. xx

2 comments:

  1. I make my spag bol much as you do, although I wouldn't use 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce (I dollop some in, but not quite as much as yourself) but I add about 3 beef Oxo cubes to the mixture, and it makes a lovely rich-tasting mixture, plus some oregano. But if you're being frugal, then dried herbs can be an expense too far, I do know that. They aren't cheap and you don't get much in a packet, either. Spag bol is a lovely meal, but if you have some of the bol left over, then you have the base for a lasagne, too.
    Margaret P
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, I would put more in but my daughter & husband would complain! Very true, good idea! I'm having leftovers for lunch today xx

      Delete