Monday 4 April 2016

Monday again?!

I'm not a huge fan of Monday's I've got to admit - I love the weekends and especially after having the long bank holiday weekend I think we should always have a 4 day weekend!

Today we made pizza for lunch again. It's such a simple recipe and takes no time at all so I can't believe I didn't make it more often before.
I was doing some studying earlier and came across something that really struck home the thoughts I have been having lately about consumerism and avoiding things like adverts to stop wanting to buy things. I took a photo of my book, see below:
It seemed so relevant as I was reading it. We are bombarded with adverts of things we *must have* and *must do* - there are so many children's adverts it's crazy! They try to convince us that we need the latest gadget or craze to be happy. I like watching tv on catch up because you can fast forward through the adverts. Avoiding them is the way that I avoid feeling bad about having up to date "things" which seem to be everywhere nowadays.
I'm off now to watch The Walking Dead - my favourite programme! xx

5 comments:

  1. I find beauty products are just about the worst. Do they think we women are so vain that we fret over every little wrinkle? And they try and blind us with science, with silly names and numbers that have little or no meaning. In fact I haven't a clue what most products are these days. What are serums for goodness' sake? I thought that was a medical product!
    I try and avoid adverts. They suddenly come up so noisily on TV, too, that I sit with the remote in my hand and hit MUTE the moment ads come on!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES this really bugs me that they some how make the volume go up when the adverts come on! How do they do this?! So annoying xx

      Delete
    2. I tend to hang on to the remote and hit the MUTE the moment the ads come on. Being louder than the programmes is counter-productive. If they were quieter, people would stop talking and try and listen!
      Margaret P

      Delete
  2. Most adverts are very annoying. I try not to buy into the 'must have' mentality, although I think we are all guilty of it now and again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is terrible for this! Avoiding it seems to help xx

      Delete