Tuesday 5 April 2016

Thai Green Curry & Vegetable Lasagne

Stepped out of my comfort zone today and made veggie lasagne for the first time for my daughter.
To make the tomato sauce I used:
Half a leek (chopped)
Carton of chopped tomatoes 400g
1 grated carrot
Half an onion
I whizzed this with a blender after simmering for 10 minutes

To make the white sauce I used:
80g butter
80g plain flour
600ml milk

I roasted 2 chopped up courgettes and a bit of onion in the dish for 30 mins, before layering with a layer of tomato sauce, then lasagne sheets, then white sauce etc. I didn't pre-cook the lasagne sheets, and cut up some cheese to put on top of the lasagne. Cooked in the oven for 35 mins on 200 degrees.

For mine and my husbands tea I made Thai green curry. He is really fussy and hates anything creamy so it's great that he likes this! I used:
500g chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
Half a pack of mange tout
1 lime
1 can of coconut milk
3 tsp Thai green curry paste

Cook the chicken, after it's cooked add the mange tout for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 mins. When fully cooked, add the juice from the lime.
We ate this with rice which I cook in our rice cooker. I love it! You just put the rice and water in to the amounts it says, turn on then leave it til it's cooked - I think it was about £10 for the cooker.

Our friend and her daughter came round this afternoon for a play date and they spent most of the time outside as it's brilliantly sunny here at the moment. Paid a little bit extra off one of my credit cards today, can't wait til they are gone but unfortunately it will take a while.
We are going to collect my husbands new (to him) van tonight so the car will be mine to use as of tomorrow! Very excited, although I will still be walking to nursery with my daughter and back tomorrow, much to her disappointment! xx


2 comments:

  1. Two delicious meals. I'm a big fan of pasta. It could explain my disappearing waistline. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! I love pasta too, I always say I should have been born Italian xx

      Delete