Wednesday 30 March 2016

A spot of frugal cleaning!

Tonight I have coming round my sister-in-law and her 2 other bridesmaids for hen do planning. It's next year so plenty of time to save and with me being jointly in charge hopefully we can get the price low! My daughter was in nursery today (she gets 12 free hours a week) so this gave me a chance to get some cleaning done before they come round! 
A job that I needed to get done but can't when she is around is cleaning the mould off the bathroom grout. It was awful! 
Before:
It was worse than what it looks in that photo, quite dark and a weird orangey-black colour. 
I mixed bleach with bicarbonate of soda (same as baking soda) to form a paste. Then applied it to the grout with an old toothbrush. Left it on there for about 10 minutes whilst I did the washing up downstairs. Went back up, scrubbed it with the toothbrush which was a great work out for the arms! I then washed it off with the shower head.
After:
I wish my camera was better quality!! But hopefully you can see the difference well enough anyway. It looks a million times better! Just a quick note to say that if you do this make sure you use gloves as I can't imagine getting bleach on your hands is any fun xx

2 comments:

  1. Looks great but has, unfortunately, reminded me I need to do mine. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really satisfying seeing the mould coming off! xx

      Delete