Thursday 31 March 2016

Being a scrubber!

I've made some time for some extra cleaning today. Sometimes a bit difficult to give the house a thorough going over with a little one running around!
I refuse to pay a lot for household cleaners. Trying to find an eco cleaning solution too that has multiple uses leads me to good old white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda.
Dream team:
I used these in the bathroom today and it is all sparkling if I do say so myself!
I was a bit unsure where exactly to use the particular items and where not to use them but then I came across this little list which helped (can't remember which website I saw it on!)
It's lovely and sunny today, each day has been different weather-wise with rain one today, sun the next, so I've seized the opportunity to get some washing done and put it outside to hopefully dry.
I am self employed and invoice at the end of the month with pay at the end of the following month. I've invoiced today and have seen that I will be getting lower than I thought I would at the end of April. I have enough for the bills and that's it. I have some extra at the moment so need to hang on to that and not spend anything at all. Managed to pay a little bit extra off credit card today though! xx


4 comments:

  1. I too have gone down the more natural route for cleaning. I became more concerned about nasty chemicals once Lily was born. Bicarb is brilliant. I also use a little when I brush my teeth to avoid staining. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it help on teeth? Im too nervous to try it! xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh definitely. I brush with toothpaste as usual, then with bicarb and again with toothpaste (as it tastes yucky). Not every day though. Some toothpastes contain bicarb. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did some googling! Said basically be very gentle when you do it but sounds good xx

      Delete