Thursday 7 April 2016

Spaghetti Carbonara

Spaghetti carbonara is one of my favourite dishes but it usually comes at a hefty price tag. It is about £9 for it in a local restaurant here. I needed to use my eggs up so I thought this would be a good way to use it up.
2 eggs
2 slices of ham torn up
100g cheddar cheese
80g approx spaghetti

Cook the spaghetti in a pan filled with water. In another pan (I used my wok) crack the eggs and whisk (did this to save on washing up), add the ham and the cheese. It only takes a few minutes to cook - don't leave it too long or you'll end up with an omelette! When almost finished, add the spaghetti and mix together. It's a very quick and easy meal, this was just my serving. I usually eat it out of the pan as well to save on washing up.
We went to the shops today as I needed to go to a cashpoint and ended up buying my daughter a painting by numbers toy and 2 cards from the card shop. 

The painting set was £1 from the poundshop and I told her she could have only one thing and that's what she chose. The cards were for 2 occasions in June, whenever I go to the shops I try to get cards to stock up so I won't have to make a special trip for them. They were 59p each from Card Factory, I love that shop!
I find not going in shops normally is the best thing to not spend, even if you tell yourself you are just window shopping there will always be something to catch your eye.
Went to the post office as well, sold something on ebay! Always handy xx

4 comments:

  1. Yum. Pasta. You're doing this to tempt me aren't you? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry, I just love it! You'll have to try it...for research purposes of course xx

      Delete
  2. My favourite is spaghetti with a rich tomato sauce. I sautee a small onion (chopped) in a little garlic butter mixed with a smidgen of rape seed oil (rape seed oil better than olive oil if you're heating it up, it's less carciginerous, if that is the correct spelling). Then add a can of chopped tomatoes and some tomato paste, a good dessert spoon of dried basil, and I even add a veggie Oxo cube crumbled up. Heat it thoroughly and make sure the onions are cooked, and then if you fancy it, add a dollop of crème fraiche and just a pinch of sugar - this takes the acidity from the tomatoes. Voila, you have sufficient here for four helping. And if that's more than you need, you can freeze what's left over. I will try your carbonara recipe.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds similar to a bolognese recipe I do - I'd happily eat spaghetti with pretty much anything though!! xx

      Delete