Friday 8 April 2016

Weekend Away

At the beginning of this year I made a promise to myself that this year I would do more stuff for myself and my daughter. Years of saving and not spending means we haven't really gone anywhere or done anything! My mum guilt is kicking in because she is starting school in September so I am determined we will do more this year.


So it's a quick blog post today, because we are off to Northern Ireland for the weekend visiting family. My daughter is extremely excited to go to see her cousins, she adores them. I have kept it a secret from her until today, when I told her a massive smile spread across her face and she jumped on me giving me a big hug and lots of kisses. It's worth it just to see that look on her face. The good thing about travelling there is that you can take food in the hold luggage so I will be taking some over. I have budgeted for the weekend and will hopefully come back with some cash. We are staying with family so no cost there. Because we had no specific weekend in mind I was able to search around for the cheapest flights in April/May and it came up with this weekend.

We were invited to go out on the town but I declined and felt really bad, but this trip is for my daughter not me and it would be unnecessary spending from my point of view. xx

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time. Only yesterday we were talking about a trip to Ireland ourselves. Hopefully next year. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! It was great :-) love it there xx

      Delete